The Old School opposite the Church in Clarecastle dates to 1843. Ger Dillon recently mentioned that there had been a plaque on the building but that it had been plastered over for the past 50 years or so. That led us to examine old photographs. In a 1945 photograph, the plaque could be see over the porch of the school. This week, the Men’s Shed team removed the plaster from a section of the porch to reveal a fine cut-stone plaque with wonderful ornate script on it. It reads – Clare Village National School. A great find and it will now be suitably restored. Well done to all concerned and well done to the Men’s Shed for the fantastic work that has been done to the Abbey Hall. It is looking great so far with its new facelift painting outside and the restoration of the St Michael’s hall inside.